About The Phil Chorus

The Phil Chorus was founded in 1946, when a chorus of approximately 65 singers was assembled in Fort Wayne to perform Verdi’s Requiem with the orchestra at a subscription concert. In 1947 a chorus was formally organized as one of the official groups sponsored by the Fort Wayne Musical Society and featured on the final Philharmonic subscription concert of the season. Since that time, The Phil Chorus has become an integral part of the organization, performing in several concerts each year, with a wide range of repertoire.